The Between Two Homes® Coparenting Class
here to purchase a ticket for both parts of the class
in Ector County
Have more questions? Please visit our FAQ page.
For a brochure, please click here.
The Between Two Homes® Coparenting Class is our live class offered to families outside of the Dallas-Forth Worth metropolitan area including the counties of Collin, Dallas, Delta, Denton, Ellis, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise. The class is more than just a basic coparenting class, and it's not a parenting education class. The class exceeds the guidelines for coparenting education courses in Texas. Our instructors are professionally dedicated to helping families transition during changes and meet the needs of children growing up between two homes.
In Texas, a coparenting education class is defined under:
In Texas Family Code, § 105.009. PARENT EDUCATION AND FAMILY
A course under this section must be at least four hours, but not more than 12 hours, in length, be designed to educate and assist parents with regard to the consequences of divorce on parents and children, and presented by a mental health professional who has at least a master's degree with a background in family therapy or parent education. The course must include information on the following issues:
(1) the emotional effects of divorce on parents;
(2) the emotional and behavioral reactions to divorce by young children and adolescents;
(3) parenting issues relating to the concerns and needs of children at different development stages;
(4) stress indicators in young children and adolescents;
(5) conflict management;
(6) family stabilization through development of a coparenting relationship;
(7) the financial responsibilities of parenting;
(8) family violence, spousal abuse, and child abuse and neglect; and
(9) the availability of community services and resources.
THE BETWEEN TWO HOMES® COPARENTING CLASS DESCRIPTION
The Between Two Homes® Coparenting Class focuses on how families can meet the needs of children growing up between two homes. The class is well reviewed and suggested by participants. For reviews, please visit our reviews page. The class consists of two parts 3.5 hours long that may be taken in either order, though we encourage you to attend Part I first.
PART 1- THE ADULTS
Part I of the class focuses on adult issues related to coparenting and
keeping children out of the conflict.
Topics covered include:
- The Victim Mindset
- Domestic Violence
- Working with the Other Household
- Extended Family/Significant Others
- Suggestions for coparenting
- Adult Grief
- Conflict Disengagement
- Alternative Dispute Options
PART 2 - THE CHILDREN
Part II of the class focuses on child development and the needs of children growing up in two homes.Topics covered include:
- Children's Stages of Development
- Creating the Dual Home Environment
- Parenting Time
- Child Support
- Talking to the Children
- Children's Grief
- Mistakes Made in Involving Children
- coparenting Vocabulary
- Benefits of coparenting
- Alienating Behaviors
All participants receive a certificate at the end of each class. To earn
a certificate, all participants must stay the full duration of the class.
Plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to class time for registration. Admission
is not allowed after the class begins. Please note you are securing
your seat for this class when you purchase your ticket similar to buying
an airline ticket. Fees are not refunded to participants who do
not show up or those who show up late. Cancellation
payments must be received by BTH before 5:00 pm CST two days
before the day of the class. To cancel a ticket to a class, you must follow
the instructions on the middle of the FAQ
page. Please select your class carefuly, there is a $5.00 cancellation
fee charged per cancellation request which must be paid prior to confirmation
of the requested change.
The class has two parts. The fee for each part of the class is $40.00 per person per part.
- Click here to purchase a ticket for both parts of the class in Ector County for 2020
For directions to the class locations, please click here.
Have more questions? Please visit our FAQ page.
Other Things to Know
- All classes require one ticket per person.
- All classes require the purchase of a ticket in advance. We stop selling ticket at 5:00 pm CST two days before the day of the class. If you add the purchase to your basket early but check out AFTER the deadline, your payment will be refunded and you will not be allowed into the class. (Ex: For a class that is being offered on Saturday, you must purchase your ticket before 5:00 pm CST on Thursday, that is two days before the day of the class.)
- If tickets are sold out prior to the deadline, you will not be able to purchase a ticket for that class.
- We do not allow walk ins.
- Sign in begins 15 minutes prior to the designated start of class and we encourage you to plan on arriving early.
- DIRECTIONS TO LOCATION: Operators are not on call for phone directions, so we encourage you to print out a map to the location prior to departure. We are not responsible for GPS instructions or other online map issues that are independent of the links provided on our maps page.
- There is NO LATE ADMISSION to the class. Doors are locked at the start of class so we encourage you to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of class. Your ticket reserves your seat on the date you selected.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellation payments must be received by BTH before 5:00 pm CST two days before the day of the class. To cancel a class, you must follow the instructions on the middle of the FAQ page. There is a $5.00 cancellation fee charged per cancellation request which must be paid prior to confirmation of the requested change.
- You must use the same e-mail address you used to purchase the ticket, to cancel your ticket to the class.
- REFUND POLICY: If you do not cancel your ticket BEFORE the deadline, if you do not arrive on the date you specify or if you arrive late for the class, your money for that specific ticket will NOT be refunded or credited. Think of it as an airline ticket, if the plane leaves and you don't cancel in advance you won't get your seat refunded. Doors are locked at the start of class so we encourage you to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of class.
- If you arrive late and choose to knock/bang on the door and disrupt the class, the police or security will be called.
- All participants receive a certificate at the end of each class. To earn a certificate, all participants must stay the full duration of the class.
- The use of electronic devices such as cell phones, laptops, recorders, cameras, video taping or audio recording during class is strictly prohibited.
- Neither session is appropriate for children. No childcare is provided. Please do not bring children of any age to the class. If you bring a child to the class, you will be turned away and no refund will be provided.
- There is no waiting area for anyone not participating in the class. In order to participate in the class, you must have purchased a ticket in advance.
- We do not provide meals, but you are welcome to bring food and non alcoholic beverages to class.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER: Occasionally classes may be canceled due to inclement weather. Please go to the following link if there is bad weather in the area the class is being taught to check for cancellation updates: www.childreninthemiddle.com/weather.htm
- We have a booklet for you to use in class and there are pens, though you are welcome to bring additional writing material.
- Please bring your PayPal receipt to class to confirm your registration, or have it readily accessible on your smart phone to show it to the instructor.
- If you are not English speaking, please register for the Spanish class instead.
- We reserve the right to refuse service or eject participants from the class for disruptive behaviors with no refund.
Between Two Homes®:Children in the Middle coparenting classes were developed by Bradley S. Craig, LMSW-IPR, CFLE
The Between Two Homes®:Children in the Middle Coparenting Class in the press
For the online version of the class called Making Two Homes Work class, click here.